httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Redirection and logging...
Date Fri, 31 Mar 1995 11:33:50 GMT

> Last time, Andrew Wilson uttered the following other thing:
> >

> > Here's me rabbiting on about log file and redirection problems again.
> >

> I think 1.4b2 fixes these problems, you might want to take a look, though
> I'm not sure if it will help you all any.
>
> One thing you might notice, is that log_transaction closes the log file
> at the end.  This is why 1.3 (and apache) logs 1 transaction, and 1.4b1 logged
> 2 of the same (since we had to remove the close to enable the children to
> hang around).

The jury's out on just what should be logged for redirects, how
redirects should work etc, etc.  I've good reason to think that logging
is just plain broken in all the NCSA variants.  I'll concentrate on pushing for
it to be done differently when we get a new and stable 0.4/0.5 released,
sometime.

Yeah, die(WHATEVER, ...) can BITE ME.

> Brandon
> --
>  Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
                                                ^

                       Welcome to the club...---+

Cheers,
Ay.

     Andrew Wilson	     URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 0865 843155     Mobile: +44 0589 616144