httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject announce it NOW
Date Thu, 30 Mar 1995 09:42:28 GMT

I think we need to announce the existence of Apache NOW.
We need to whet some appetites, before it's too late.

I think Brian agreed to an official web tree on hyperreal (thanks Brian),
so can we start to give it some structure. Let's at least get a page
there which introduces Apache, and sets out our goals.

Any objections to dedicating next week (well post 0.4, whenever that is),
to documenting what we have in preparation for a beta release ?

What's needed..

  1) a public mail address. I don't think any of us want to get too
      involved in reading and replying to users mail, so one solution
      is to write some kind of FAQ which is given as a standard reply to
      all mail. The mail response could be a URL pointer.

  2) a bug (&security hole) reporting mail address. Anything that
       isn't a bug report goes to /dev/null

  3) a suggestions mailing list. non-suggestions >>/dev/null
       this would also be used by people wanting to join our effort.

  4) an Apache Home P^H^H^H^H^H^H no I won't use that stupid term.
     An Apache introductory page at hyperreal.

Would it be wise to suggest that all non-bug/suggestion mail be directed
to comp.infosystems.www.providers ?
There are plenty of httpd gurus out there willing to answer questions
in this public forum. I like the idea, how about you ?

rob