httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: announce Apache
Date Tue, 28 Mar 1995 15:31:32 GMT

> > And, one last item, how much mail can you all generate in 2 hours? :)
>
> This is a quiet day.  I think Rob Hartill has toothache or something.

I thought today was reasonably quiet compared to weeks gone by.
Must have been the lack of noise yesterday which makes today
seem hectic to some viewers.
David, Roy and Cliff seem to be absent from today's mail blitzing.

Re: How do you make people read the Makefile hmm, well Rob McCool
made it work so well straight-out-of-the-box, that most people
can get away with a 'make', and they only need to edit the Makefile
if there's a problem.... perhaps if you throw in a few strategic
spanners ;-)
You could always have the default of 'make' return a message saying
something like,

Checking x,y and z will save you a lot of time later, to build
1.4, run 'make it'