httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: announce Apache
Date Tue, 28 Mar 1995 13:44:29 GMT

> Here's my thoughts:

I've no objections to those, or any others people have given so far.

Some more..

  We need to also point out that while the NCSA license currently
offers carte blanche w.r.t usage and distribution, this could
(and probably will) change for the worse sooner or later. Our
distribution policy is (I think); take it, use it, distribute it
but don't charge anyone for it or repackage it as a new piece of work.

  Also, I think we need to separate the processes of announcing
Apache as being in the pipeline, and releasing it. I'd like to
see the announcement sooner rather than later, and the release
later rather than sooner.

rob