httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: announce Apache
Date Tue, 28 Mar 1995 12:26:07 GMT

> Looks OK to me, though I'd strip the "entirely".  We might also want
> to characterize the "useful modifications" a bit more --- perhaps
> "substantially improves server performance, adds new features, and
> fixes a number of outstanding bugs."

I'd also like to see a mention of our ultimate goal (or is that just
mine ?) of having a fast turnaround on updates. Remember, it was NCSA's
inactivity and lack of PR info that brought us all together.

>    DO NOT ANNOUNCE IT ON WHAT'S NEW!
>
> Perhaps www-talk might be the best thing...

As a first step agreed.

> It would help to have some documentation of what's happened beyond the
> raw patch database.

Fairy nuff. I'll html'ize some info on the patches I've introduced,
shall we throw in some technical info for those interested ?

robh