httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: custom error responses revistited
Date Tue, 28 Mar 1995 13:56:20 GMT
   From: Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
   Date: Tue, 28 Mar 95 11:18:58 MST

   Re: the problem with relative URLs - isn't the fix to simply force
   people to use BASE when redirecting to a local url.

Or, simply not to use relative URLs in the responses which are cooked
up by ErrorDocument scripts (which is what NCSA themselves have been
recommending to people).

   Should/can apache add a BASE header to redirected URLs ? - it could
   cause problems if the document also produces a BASE either as a header
   or in the <HEAD></HEAD>

At first blush, I tend to agree... whoever wrote the script which
causes the redirects already has all the tools they need to deal with
the problem.  (It's not that I'm sure that having the server fake up
<base> tags on its own will cause trouble; it's just that I haven't
thought about it enough to be sure that it won't).

   robh

rst