httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <>
Subject Re: vote result
Date Mon, 27 Mar 1995 20:27:04 GMT

	I just upped:

to incoming on hyperreal. It sez:

> This code closes a long-standing loophole in NCSA 1.3's behaviour.  Ordinarily
> any *.shtml file will be parsed on-access and any server-side includes will
> be processed normally.  The -DXBITHACK compile-time option allows files
> with the user-executable bit set to be processed in precisely the same way.
> In 1.3, 1.4b and Apache 0.3 the 'u+x' facility is broken in the
> send_included_file() routine of http_include.c.

and it's diffed from 0.3's sources.  I don't have a hyperreal account so can
someone move it to 0.3's patch directory for me?

This functionality is used by COMMA, and a load of other places, and it works,
even though it's the wrong way to tell a server that a file should be parsed.

Oh well,

     Andrew Wilson	     URL:
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 0865 843155     Mobile: +44 0589 616144

View raw message