httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Content Negotiation: new code available...
Date Sun, 26 Mar 1995 17:27:36 GMT
   Date: Sun, 26 Mar 1995 13:29:07 -0600
   From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>

   Do I understand correctly that Netscape 1.1b is broken and cannot
   negotiate an *.html3 document?

Unfortunately, it's broken.  (The client needs to tell the server
"Accept text/html; level=3" in order for negotiation of *.html3 to
work).  Hopefully, this'll work in Netscape 1.1b2.  Try arena... it
doesn't work completely (it asks for "text/html; level=3", but if the
server gives that back in the content-type field, it chokes); however,
it works well enough that my code is able to meet it halfway.

   /* In index.var: */

Hmmm... the way multiviews works currently is to build its own type
map; to retrieve through index.var you have to actually have the
client request /some/dir/index.var (or say "DirectoryIndex index.var"
if you want it for a directory search).

I though of having a multiviews search for, say, "index" use the type
map in index.var if it came across one, instead of building its own,
but it wasn't quite clear that it was the right thing.

However, if it's the first thing that people try, then it might as
well work.  It's not too much trouble to make it happen.

   URI: index.html
                                   ^
oops... missing semicolon          | here

   URI: index.html3

rst