httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: 0.3 is go
Date Sun, 26 Mar 1995 12:24:58 GMT

   Date: Sat, 25 Mar 95 21:50 GMT
   From: drtr@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)

   Seems like a good idea. However, here are the reports that have not yet
   had code integrated into apache:

A few comments on some of these...

   B00019: Embedded blanks in headers don't work (rst)

You know, I originally entered this into the database with "do you
have code" set to "no" --- at the time, I didn't.  It seems the only
way to end this confusion is to actually produce code that fixes the
bug, so I've done that.  It'll be uploaded to hyperreal with E24,
hopefully later today.

   Feature Enhancements:

   E00016: Allow any URL to invoke a script (cliffs)

Obsoleted by E24

   Other patches:

   O00036: Code cleanup and portability changes (randy)

Badly needed, but I'd prefer to see it go in at the beginning of a
release cycle (i.e., to hold back if we're trying to get something out
the door).

   Performance Enhancements:

   P00014: DBM-based user databases for HTTP authentication (brian)

   So I would like use to consider the following before an actual release:
   * All the bugs: B4, B5, B19, B22. (Roy, you vetoed the B22 patch; would you
     like to write a better fix?)
   * Features: E30, and maybe E15.

FWIW, E24 is now pretty much in shape for alpha-testing.  I now have
what I think is the final version, but I'll probably go off to lunch
and then come back and beat on it some more before uploading it to
hyperreal.  (Packaging it up took more time than I thought... it's a
continual shock how documentation doesn't write itself).

   After that, all we need is some real testing...

    David.

rst