httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Simon E Spero <...@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Subject Re: config.h
Date Sat, 25 Mar 1995 03:12:57 GMT
Autoconf doesn't hurt things (scoofs off to the licence file)

[quote from autoconf.info]
------
Distributing `configure' Scripts
================================

     What are the restrictions on distributing `configure'
     scripts that Autoconf generates?  How does that affect my
     programs that use them?

   There are no restrictions on how the configuration scripts that
Autoconf produces may be distributed or used.  In Autoconf version 1,
they were covered by the GNU General Public License.  We still
encourage software authors to distribute their work under terms like
those of the GPL, but doing so is not required to use Autoconf.

   Of the other files that might be used with `configure',
`config.h.in' is under whatever copyright you use for your
`configure.in', since it is derived from that file and from the public
domain file `acconfig.h'.  `config.sub' and `config.guess' have an
exception to the GPL when they are used with an Autoconf-generated
`configure' script, which permits you to distribute them under the same
terms as the rest of your package.  `install-sh' is from the X
Consortium and is not copyrighted.
-------