httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: 0.3 is go
Date Fri, 24 Mar 1995 15:58:05 GMT

How do people feel about making 0.3 or something soon after it
publically available. I'm not suggesting right now, but if
we find it stable over the next week or so, maybe make it
public then.

We need to start thinking about letting the people know
about Apache, so that they can at least plan to test it
against NCSA 1.4.  If we wait until after the release of
1.4, people may not even want to try it out. Let's at
least let them know there will be an alternative.

I also see Apache as being a server that has a reasonably
fast turn-around time on feature/fix requests - this I
hope will be its big 'selling' point compared to NCSA code.

rob