httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: custom logging again++
Date Fri, 24 Mar 1995 08:16:29 GMT
   From: Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
   Date: Thu, 23 Mar 95 15:44:23 MST

   LogAlias /Movies/ movies_access_log
   LogAlias /papers/new/  /usr/fred/subdir/mylog

   the leading "/" would specify whether the file is relative to
   the server_root/logs/  or absolute.

   rob

This looks useful, but I'd prefer a name other than "LogAlias" for the
command --- perhaps "SelectLog".

It might also be good to figure out how this would interact with
making logging selective by the address of the client, which is
another commonly requested feature... perhaps:

   AccessLog local_access from cf.ac.uk
   AccessLog movies_access_log for /Movies/
   AccessLog /usr/fred/subdir/mylog for /papers/new

with the transaction being logged in the file listed in the first
AccessLog line that matched.

(Is this too baroque?  I'm starting to sense feature creep...).

rst