httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: custom logging again++
Date Thu, 23 Mar 1995 16:36:05 GMT

> Fuck that, give me full regexps :) Seriously - I'd like to be able to send
> all requests for *.gif to /dev/null as that's what we do with our log file
> processing scripts at the end of the day anyways.  I think it's when you get
> to points like this when Plexus starts making a lot of sense (hee).  While
> we're at it Redirect should use real regexps too...

LogIgnore image/*     maybe ?

> I think I'd rather see apache incorporate rather meaty features like content
> negotiation and leave the frosting off for the time being.  If we wanted
> I'm sure we could make apache a full-featured and extremely configurable
> program, but then I'm afraid we'd end up with huge binaries.  Besides, we
> need to leave *something* for Netscape to build a business model on (Hi
> Rob! :)

I like frosting. So while we wait for the next big feature upgrade,
do 90% of the team sit around doing nothing ? Rob T can continue
his good work on content-negotiation, but it's pointless having the
rest of us do nothing.
Anyway, there's no harm in talking about wish lists items.