httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: NCSA httpd Relase 1.4 Beta Testing
Date Thu, 23 Mar 1995 23:20:34 GMT

Yeah, so this message was also sent to NCSA's HyperNews bug tracker, unless my
understanding of redirection is rilly shot then we're missing something.

---

Subject: Redirects are logged twice (and wrongly) in access_log

I have a cgi-bin script that returns a Location: header
in order to force the browser to redirect to a new URL on the
same server.

1.3 will log this just once, as does Apache 0.2, but
1.4b adds 2 entries to the file, and they're identical.

I'm not certain, but shouldn't the correct behaviour be to
log the initial access (which results in the redirect), and
then log the browser's second attempt to the redirected URL.

So there should be 2 entries in the log file, but they
should be different.

Cheers,
Ay.

     Andrew Wilson           URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 0865 843155     Mobile: +44 0589 616144