httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: votes on 0.2's patches
Date Thu, 23 Mar 1995 13:57:54 GMT
   Date: Thu, 23 Mar 95 13:40:50 -0500
   From: Simon E Spero <>

   One thing I've been tempted to do, since I can't do much typing at
   the moment and I need to take breaks from writing up the NG spec,
   is to put the code under autoconf. Most of the portablity defines
   are pretty simple to factor out (some can even be replaced by

Hmmm... we had a long discussion of this idea, which I remember as
being somewhat inconclusive.  FWIW, I haven't had much of a problem
configuring httpd, and I prefer makefiles that I can edit by hand,
which is something I never feel comfortable doing with the rather
large ones which come out of autoconf --- so, is the status quo broke?
Should we fix it?  Am I totally cracked here?  Any other thoughts?

View raw message