httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Nameserver cache
Date Wed, 22 Mar 1995 21:29:16 GMT

Wups, I missed..

> The problem will be SUNOS system which can't use DNS without going
> through YP (well, you can hack the libraries).  I guess we could
> have them set up the system as a slave NIS server in addition
> to running named.

My dev httpd server sits on a NISsed SunOs box.  The host runs the NIS server
and talks to a Solaris 2.4 DNS.  Half of the mahines in our building are in a
domain maintained locally, the others are in DNS tables in the Netherlands, so
I'd love to hear about any hacks I could use to make responses a little bit
faster for those unfortunates.

[Yeah, we're going to own all of the DNS tables locally soon, but is there
anything I can do till then?]

> Cliff

Cheers,
Ay.

     Andrew Wilson	     URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 0865 843155     Mobile: +44 0589 616144