httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: vote counting.
Date Tue, 21 Mar 1995 18:39:07 GMT
   From: Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
   Date: Tue, 21 Mar 95 15:39:02 MST

   Thanks Paul. Do you think we need a more sophisticated system
   than our ad-hoc approach ? one should keep in mind that a http server
   is a much smaller and simpler beast than a fully functioning unix OS.

FWIW, I've seen CVS in action, and it's very nice, but it's a solution
to problems that I don't think we have yet.  So long as patches
continue to work for us, and so long as everyone who's actively
working on Apache code is reasonably satisfied with the process, we
might as well just keep it up.

If it does start to break down at some point, however, CVS is clearly
something to bear in mind.

(Honestly, my main concern here is that it would take a little time
for everyone to learn the new tools, and I don't want that to get in
the way of *this* weekend's release... ;-).

rst