httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: The future, for Apache and NCSA httpd
Date Tue, 21 Mar 1995 18:30:57 GMT
   Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 15:19:18 -0600 (CST)
   From: Brandon Long <blong@uiuc.edu>

Brandon, thanks much for the info.

   As to what the new license will be, I'm not sure, but it probably will
   be something with the goal of keeping people from making money off of
   our code (without us getting something).  The code will be copyright
   NCSA, and if you use it, you have to say so, or something like that.

Hmmm... you did say earlier that you were fighting to avoid licensing
changes before 2.0, but it's still not clear exactly what this refers
to.  Would this "new license" apply to 1.4, subsequent 1.x releases,
or only to the 2.x series?

   At least, that's my interpretation of things.  And, I hope none of this
   information is sensitive in any way.

Thanks again.  Hope it doesn't cause you trouble.

rst