httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: vote counting.
Date Tue, 21 Mar 1995 14:33:43 GMT
   Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 13:14:17 -0600
   From: Randy Terbush <randy@dsndata.com>

   I can't resist adding my 2 cents here...

   One problem I see with the voting/release setup is that
   there are too many intertwined changes to vote separately on.

That was an artifact of the way the process happened --- we all came
into this with patches of our own, they all went instantly into the
pot, and the result was a fairly sizable backlog.  As Rob H. has
stated, the number of patches up for the next vote will probably be
quite a bit smaller.

In any case, I'm not sure that large, omnibus patches are a good idea.
You can't vote "no" on them without effectively calling the project to
a halt --- "sorry, folks, no progress this week."  Line item votes are
the way to keep things moving.

rst