httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject vote counting.
Date Tue, 21 Mar 1995 09:26:25 GMT
> Er, are we on the same wavelength here?

Probably not.

> I thought Cliff's suggestion was that
> we have different people for the jobs:
> o	collecting votes
> o	making a release

Well the job of counting the votes is trivial, and doesn't need
a dedicated officer or script IMO.

So if I want to build a new release over
the weekend, do I have to wait for you to announce the results of
the ballot, even though I have all the info at hand ?
What is the point ?

> > I'd much prefer this to be done on a more flexible basis, so that
> > whoever has a burst of enthusiasm on any particular day/week will help
> > push things along. Relying on one person to do a periodic ballot an
>                                 ^^^
> drink less coffee

I need a coffee to understand that.

What wavelength are you using ?