httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: patch list vote
Date Tue, 21 Mar 1995 15:51:35 GMT
Rob H,

> I'd say
>
> +1 for X
>
> where X is whoever wants to volunteer to put together a new release
> based on votes collected - I think that person should state
> when he plans to produce a new release, so that everyone knows
> the deadline a day or three before.

Er, are we on the same wavelength here?  I thought Cliff's suggestion was that
we have different people for the jobs:

o	collecting votes
o	making a release

They could be the same person, sure, but so far as I'm concerned I don't want to
be the guy who integrates patches and ups a new version to the FTP site.

> I'd much prefer this to be done on a more flexible basis, so that
> whoever has a burst of enthusiasm on any particular day/week will help
> push things along. Relying on one person to do a periodic ballot an
                                ^^^
drink less coffee

> release is too restrictive for me (unless they are willing to do it
> every week).
>
> I don't like waiting on people.

You wouldn't be interested in a certin CyberCafe job I've just been offered
then, er, ...

> rob

Ay

     Andrew Wilson	     URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 0865 843155     Mobile: +44 0589 616144