httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: patch list vote
Date Sat, 18 Mar 1995 13:43:01 GMT
   Date: Sat, 18 Mar 1995 00:00:38 -0800
   From: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@avron.ics.uci.edu>

   -1     B27     Submitter : rst@ai.mit.edu/
   FAILED         Status    :
		  Priority  : 4
		  patch B23) doesn't work with XBITHACK

Ouch.  Sorry.  I remade this patch against a version of the sources
closer to the base, and uploaded the new version to hyperreal.  Please
try again.

I'm a bit worried about builds containing B23 but not B27 --- they'll
work find for anyone who doesn't use XBITHACK (I tested that out
pretty thoroughly before submitting B23), but people who do use
XBITHACK will find that ExecCGI from STD_DOCUMENT directories has
suddenly stopped working.

B27 is the (very simple) fix for this problem; if we aren't going to
include it, B23 should probably be left out of the build as well.  (NB
I favor and voted for both, but there seem to be others, including
Roy, who voted for one and not the other --- IMHO, not a good idea).

rst