httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: patch list vote
Date Wed, 15 Mar 1995 15:41:17 GMT

> As the only guy here cursed with SunOS, I'm not quite sure I
> appreciate the favor ;-).

I also have an eye on installing apache on the SunOs server in Cardiff,
where Robert Evans tried and failed to up the listen parameter from
5, after we were hit by the router problem you mentioned.

That machine is a Sparc 5 dedicated to www, but with a huge number
of cpu intensive cgi requests to process. Over half of that
machine's ~100k hits/day are for cgi, and most of the HTML
has server-side includes. The dilythium crystals can ne'
take no more captain.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it responds to apache.

rob