httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: httpd patch B5 updated.
Date Tue, 14 Mar 1995 22:56:51 GMT
Randy Terbush:

> I agree completely.  I have enjoyed the pace of things personally.
>
> How about maintaining an "Alpha" source tree, and a "Pre-Alpha"
> source tree.  We can apply the patches as they arrive to the
> Pre-Alpha, and use it to test and evaluate these changes before
> commiting/accepting them to the "Alpha" tree.

Mmm, that's what's happening at the moment.  There's always going to be
a pre-alpha implicit in the 'test the patch before you comment on it' stage
the point is that there's no real-alpha, nor will there be until we get our act
together and stop dicking about with kuhl ideas.  We have to stop, decide what we
can do fast, do it, and THEN we get our alpha.  Then we get back to the fun.

There aren't enough people in this group to manage a two tiered source-tree
approach (let alone a single source tree).  I think we've done enough to get a
real alpha, so lets do it.

o	Can someone please post the current patch list so's we can tear out the
	bit's we're worried about?

Cheers,
Ay.

Andrew Wilson			URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford	Tel: +44 0865 843155