httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: httpd patch E16 updated.
Date Fri, 10 Mar 1995 10:47:32 GMT
   Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 04:10:57 -0800
   From: Web Admin <www@steam.com>

   *.doit scripts (allows *any* URL to invoke a script, whether it
   ends in a magic *.cgi suffix or not).

   --- cliffs on Fri Mar 10 04;08;53 PST 1995 ---

   Maybe I don't understand, I thought srm.conf allowed this now?  Or
   are you saying damn the extension, look at the x-bit all the time?

Not quite --- the scripts still have special extensions in the file
store, but the *server* adds the extension, so it doesn't have to be
in the URL.  This means that if you want a well-advertised page to
suddenly turn into a script, you don't have to change its name (or do
a Redirect).

rst