httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: CGI specification
Date Fri, 17 Mar 1995 02:46:28 GMT
Last time, Rob Hartill uttered the following other thing:

> > > If nobody is responsible for CGI, we can just make the new
> > > variables and post something to say "this is CGI/1.2" - who's going
> > > to argue ?  :-)
> >
> > Nobody, but the changes will be ignored if they are not first agreed
> > to by the major server authors.
>
> We have Rob McCool and some of the NCSA crew listening.
> Any objections to the new CGI variables ? If we add them,
> will you ?
>
> According to the patch list they are,
>
> DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_TRANSLATED_NAME
>
> Brian says they are "amazingly cool and useful"
>
> Do you have any other ideas for CGI enhancements that we can push
> jointly ?

Some of the suggestions I've heard are for some of the security features.
We have group access, for instance, and we already pass the security
name (as REMOTE_NAME), but we don't pass the group that granted access.
(Something like REMOTE_GROUP).

Brandon
--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux 1.1.xxx	It's that Easy.