httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: patch list vote
Date Thu, 16 Mar 1995 07:58:33 GMT
Last time, Rob Hartill uttered the following other thing:

> >    E15: add new CGI variables
>
> Can we first talk to whoever is responsible for the CGI spec
> (is anyone ?) - we might need to rename the variables and they
> might have some new ones that we could add too.
> The danger here is assuming things will be accepted only to
> find that they are, but in a slightly different format - we
> then have to support both :-(   - that mistake was made with
> Netscape <CENTER> - I haven't looked, but I bet they still support
> it even though it is redundant and bad HTML.
>
> If nobody is responsible for CGI, we can just make the new
> variables and post something to say "this is CGI/1.2" - who's going
> to argue ?  :-)

Who is responsible?  no clue . . .

But, I've gotten some requests for additions, and I think its time
for a new spec. (or at least, an extension)

One problem with server_root, is that not every server works from a
'single directory structure'

Should we add something for server specific items?  Or an X- spec?

Brandon

--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux 1.1.xxx	It's that Easy.