httpd-dev mailing list archives

From cli...@steam.com (Cliff Skolnick)
Subject Re: patch list vote
Date Wed, 15 Mar 1995 14:54:00 GMT
On Mar 15,  5:22pm, Robert S. Thau wrote:
}
} As the only guy here cursed with SunOS, I'm not quite sure I
} appreciate the favor ;-).
}
}    I think it's a mistake to just change the 5 to a
}    128 then forget it.
}
} I think this is the sort of cleanup issue which Cliff is trying to
} address as part of his integration process.
}
}    We at least need to make it obvious in
}    the code and/or documentation that the kernel might thump the
}    128 in favour of a much lower 5, along with instructions
}    on how to make the kernel change. Do that and I'll be happy.

In fact this was one of the cahnges I made to the patch.  I
added a "#define" with a comment in httpd.h for all to see when
changing things there.  A mysterious constant belongs in a .h file :-)