httpd-dev mailing list archives

From cli...@steam.com (Cliff Skolnick)
Subject Re: BSDI compilation of apache .001
Date Sun, 12 Mar 1995 06:27:55 GMT
On Mar 12,  9:02am, Robert S. Thau wrote:

} The Right Thing is for the server to change the script-supplied
} headers to internet EOL conventions from the Unix conventions, if the
} script supplies the latter (if only because almost every script out
} there just uses \n).

I think this is the "right thing" to do.  A "\r\n" or a "\n" should
have the meaning of an EOL ot the server.  The server should communicate
this back to the client.

Status update:

I've started going through the patches and getting code together.
Keep that code comming.  I am using SunOS 4.1.4 as the base OS
for my integration, and I will also verify on Solaris 2.4, BSDI 1.1 and
BSDI 2.0 before releasing it to test.   Verification is *not* full testing,
it means it compiles, runs, and seems to work.  For all "B" catagory
items, it would be nice to have a "reproduced by" description or even
better some test code.

I am planning to get together an alpha release for people to hack
with on 3/19, and will hopefully follow with a 4/2 beta.