httpd-current-testers mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.1.4 available for testing
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:37:01 GMT
First, I'm -1 on moving 2.1.4 to -beta- until the conflicts
between apr-iconv 0.9 and 1.x are resolved.  The apr team is
currently addressing this.

As far as alpha, my recent commit to pcre raises a concern that
may or may not apply to httpd.  The byteflip function did some
quick extention and trunction between 16 and 32 bit quantities
that don't concern me much.

But byteflip's other side effect was to sign-extend the result
into meaningless gunk, as right shift signed is allowed to
carry the negation bit.  This function is only used for pre
compiled regular expression structures.  I'm not certain we
even have such entities.  It is only tripped when the regex
was compiled on big/little endian platform and processed on
a little/big endian (converse) platform.

So it's clearly broken in this edge case, but I'm not certain
that httpd is affected.  Anyone with cycles to research?

In other news, the other few compile emits are cleaned up,
and everything is clear for the next candidate.

Bill