httpd-current-testers mailing list archives

From "$Bill Luebkert" <...@wgn.net>
Subject Re: limit at .htaccess question
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2002 07:20:47 GMT
ks wrote:

> Needed result
>
> I am trying to limit access to my server using .htaccess <limit> option
> based on top level domain. For example, i do not wish people from   .it
> (just example) to access my site
>

> so,i am including this with my .htaccess file, which is in / dir
>

> AuthUserFile /
> AuthGroupFile /
> AuthName "Disallow"
> AuthType Basic
> order deny,allow
> deny from  *.it
> allow from all
>

> and it doesn't work, the server is red hat 7.2, with newest Apache HTTP 2.0

1) Try it inside of a <Directory> block:
2) Try leaving the * off.
3) If the IP address doesn't resolve, you won't be able to get the hostname.

<Directory /docroot>
     Order Allow,Deny
     Allow from all
     Deny from .it
</Directory>

--
   ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert   ICQ=14439852
  (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles   Mailto:dbe@todbe.com