httpd-current-testers mailing list archives

From Austin Gonyou <aus...@coremetrics.com>
Subject Re: Behavior Under Linux, Benchmarking Curves and Cry for Help
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:17:06 GMT
I have done such testing rather extensively. One of the things I had to do
was test 20Million hits in a day against a singler Apache server. It
actually handled it quite well, even on the SSL side too. I made sure that
I set max childred to about 5000-10,000, max processes set to 4096, you
have to change that parm in httpd.c. I also made sure the OS could handle
it. I tested RH6.0, 6.2, and 7.0 in these respects. All performed very
similarly. The newest apache I've ever tested this way is only 1.3.14
however.

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect