httpd-cli-users mailing list archives

From richard hsu <richard....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [cli-users] Apache and VS.NET 2002 or 2003
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:05:40 GMT
Hi Andreas,

I am not sure about how Apache can be used with VS 2002 but I was in a
similar situation as you recently with when I needed to work on an existing
ASP.NET <http://asp.net/> project with Visual Studio 2003 on Windows XP
Home.

I tried out the hack as proposed on www.asp.net <http://www.asp.net/>'s
forum where in you use Cassini Web Server with Visual Studio 2003 and it
worked [although you would have to debug externally with GuiDebug instead].
At that point of time that solved my purpose. I discovered Mod_AspdotNet
later when I needed to host a asp.net <http://asp.net/> web app from my home
with Windows XP [its perfect for that, thanks guys]. I use WebMatrix for web
applications I write so I didn't try to get Visual Studio 2003,
ASP.NET<http://asp.net/>and Mod_AspdotNet to work. Sorry.

You can read the hack at http://forums.asp.net/344386/ShowPost.aspx

Regards,
Richard Hsu,
Toronto, Canada.

[PS. Sorry everyone for the off topic solution, admin can delete this reply
if necessary :-) ]