httpd-cli-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [cli-users] When will be available the new release or snapshot?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:51:45 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> There is a new -experimental- snapshot up to date with svn 280855 in
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> If you are interested in testing, please report back here promptly,
> I've run out to time to even do unit testing of this candidate.
>
> Note; the previous build required you to add Options ExecCGI to allow
> ASP.NET to process your files.  No longer;
>
> You must now add the 'AspNet files' directive to have the same effect.
> You may use the 'files', 'directories', or 'virtual' so mod_aspdotnet
> processes any file request, any directory request, or any non-existant
> file (e.g., a virtual resource).  Otherwise, configuration remains the
> same.  Note that 'AspNet all' will serve all three types of requests,
> while 'AspNet off' will turn off AspNet processing for such requests.

I'm not sure I was clear, the three options can be given in any various
combination.  E.g.

AspNetMount /app c:/web/apps/appone
Alias /app c:/web/apps/appone
<Directory c:/web/apps/appone>
     AspNet files virtual
     DirectoryIndex index.aspx index.html
</Directory>

means that /app requests for files, or .rs files that don't physically
exist, will be handled by ASP.NET, but when directories within /app are
encountered, mod_dir will ensure the user gets an external redirect
(e.g. /app/dir1 would be redirected to /app/dir1/) and that mod_dir will
find index.aspx or index.html and help you serve that.