httpd-cli-users mailing list archives

From "Todd L Hicks" <electronjoc...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [cli-users] mod_aspdotnet and VirtualHost
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:17:32 GMT
Gabrielle,
If I understand correctly, both of your virtual hosts are parsing asp.net
code correctly with the exception of some session problem.
What problem are you experiencing with sessions?
Can you attach some code that's demonstrates your error.

Regards,
Todd Hicks

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriele Bianchini [mailto:g.bianchini@iol.it]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 3:51 AM
To: cli-users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [cli-users] mod_aspdotnet and VirtualHost

Hello.

I'm trying to use mod_aspdotnet in conjunction with VirtualHost directive
but I cant get it to work.

I've a webserver on which I want to run multiple sites with name-based
virtual hosting, so in my httpd.conf I have the following instructions:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>

    DocumentRoot "C:/wwwroot"

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>

    DocumentRoot "C:/wwwroot/test1"

    ServerName test1.local

</VirtualHost>

# -----------------------------------------------------------

# Site 1

# -----------------------------------------------------------

<VirtualHost *:80>

            ServerName www.site-one.it

            ServerAlias site-one.it *.site-one.it

            DocumentRoot "C:/wwwroot/site-one.it/v4.0"

            AspNetMount / "C:/wwwroot/site-one.it/v4.0"

            <Directory "C:/wwwroot/site-one.it/v4.0">

                        Options FollowSymlinks Indexes Includes ExecCGI

                        Order allow,deny

                        Allow from all

                        DirectoryIndex default.htm default.aspx

            </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

# -----------------------------------------------------------

# Site 2

# -----------------------------------------------------------

<VirtualHost *:80>

            ServerName www.site-two.it

            ServerAlias site-two.it *.site-two.it

            DocumentRoot "C:/wwwroot/site-two.it/v2.0"

            AspNetMount / "C:/wwwroot/site-two.it/v2.0"

            <Directory "C:/wwwroot/site-two.it/v2.0">

                        Options FollowSymlinks Indexes Includes ExecCGI

                        Order allow,deny

                        Allow from all

                        DirectoryIndex default.htm default.aspx

            </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I want site-one to be an ASP.NET application and site-two to be a separate
application. They are distinguished only by the host name the client uses to
access my server.

Aside that the docs states that AspNetMount can be placed only OUTSIDE a
VirtualHost directive (but in this way apache always give me error when
doing a request), this configuration seem to work. If I access site-one it's
working perfectly.

If I access site-two it's warking also (aspx pages are served correctly) BUT
it doesn't handle session correctly.

The same site under IIS is working correctly.

It seems to me that it's a problem with the AspNetMount directive but I
tried different combinations and I just cant get it.

Thanks