httpd-cli-users mailing list archives

From "Gabriele Bianchini" <g.bianch...@iol.it>
Subject [cli-users] mod_aspdotnet and VirtualHost
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:50:53 GMT
Hello.

I'm trying to use mod_aspdotnet in conjunction with VirtualHost directive
but I cant get it to work.

I've a webserver on which I want to run multiple sites with name-based
virtual hosting, so in my httpd.conf I have the following instructions:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>

    DocumentRoot "C:/wwwroot"

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>

    DocumentRoot "C:/wwwroot/test1"

    ServerName test1.local

</VirtualHost>

# -----------------------------------------------------------

# Site 1

# -----------------------------------------------------------

<VirtualHost *:80>

            ServerName www.site-one.it

            ServerAlias site-one.it *.site-one.it

            DocumentRoot "C:/wwwroot/site-one.it/v4.0"

            AspNetMount / "C:/wwwroot/site-one.it/v4.0"

            <Directory "C:/wwwroot/site-one.it/v4.0">

                        Options FollowSymlinks Indexes Includes ExecCGI

                        Order allow,deny

                        Allow from all

                        DirectoryIndex default.htm default.aspx

            </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

# -----------------------------------------------------------

# Site 2

# -----------------------------------------------------------

<VirtualHost *:80>

            ServerName www.site-two.it

            ServerAlias site-two.it *.site-two.it

            DocumentRoot "C:/wwwroot/site-two.it/v2.0"

            AspNetMount / "C:/wwwroot/site-two.it/v2.0"

            <Directory "C:/wwwroot/site-two.it/v2.0">

                        Options FollowSymlinks Indexes Includes ExecCGI

                        Order allow,deny

                        Allow from all

                        DirectoryIndex default.htm default.aspx

            </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I want site-one to be an ASP.NET application and site-two to be a separate
application. They are distinguished only by the host name the client uses to
access my server.

Aside that the docs states that AspNetMount can be placed only OUTSIDE a
VirtualHost directive (but in this way apache always give me error when
doing a request), this configuration seem to work. If I access site-one it's
working perfectly.

If I access site-two it's warking also (aspx pages are served correctly) BUT
it doesn't handle session correctly.

The same site under IIS is working correctly.

It seems to me that it's a problem with the AspNetMount directive but I
tried different combinations and I just cant get it.

Thanks