httpd-cli-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [cli-users] Unknown error: mod_aspdotnet
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 03:41:56 GMT
At 09:40 PM 4/28/2005, Carlos C wrote:
>Well, I'd like to apologize to everyone.
>I hate when things just start working for no reason at all. no visible change to learn
from.
>looking around .net conf applet and realizing there wasn't much to do without the actual
dll assembly. I decided to do another routine reinstall of the module (which I had done many
times before), I was able to start apache2's service with no problems.

That is odd (and I share your aggrivation :-)

I'm wondering if a reboot changed the scope of the ASP.NET
running environment, and you then no longer had any conflict
with loaded/running .NET 2.0 modules.

The other possibility (rather strong one at that) is that there
were some compiled bytecode files, generated for .NET 2.0, which
were not loadable by .NET 1.1