httpd-cli-users mailing list archives

From Mei.Sny...@ianywhere.com
Subject Re: [cli-users] Running from a virtual root
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:39:57 GMT
Hi,

I actually am able to get that to work effortlessly.  All I have to do is
to add the following line in the http.conf.

AspNetMount / "c:/test"

However, the problem I have encountered is that the webservice does not
work.  I finally had to change the code inside the apache.web.dll to get
it to work.

Here it is.

String* Apache::Web::WorkerRequest::GetAppPath(void)
{
#ifdef _DEBUG
    String *res = String::Concat(L"GetAppPath: returns ",
host->GetVirtualPath());
    LogRequestError(res, APLOG_DEBUG, 0);
#endif
        if( (host->GetVirtualPath())->Length == 0 )  //I added these three
lines
                return "/";
        else
                return host->GetVirtualPath();
}

Hope this helps.

--Mei

Chris Waldron <chriswa@comcast.net>
03/26/2005 03:13 PM
Please respond to
cli-users@httpd.apache.org

cli-users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [cli-users] Running from a virtual root

Thanks William,

    This is exactly what I am expirencing.  When I would designate the
root directory (/) to be mapped to  the virtual directory Apache would
fail.  Thus this is a known issue.  I thought I was misunderstanding
something.  I even tried using double slashes thinking I could trick
Apache -- to no avail.

    Is this a problem with the parsing in the Hosting environment (the
C++ code that load the runtime) or is the problem in .NET API
(System.Web.Hosting)?  From your response it appears that the .NET API
is stripping the root directory.  In this case it would appear that
mod_aspnet would have to special case this scenario.  Let me know if I
can help because I would really like to use Apache over IIS 6.0.
Apparently I can do what I've requested with IIS 6.0.

Thanks,
Chris

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>Sure you should be able to do this.  The problem is with path name
>parsing.  When /test/ is mapped to c:/myapp/ everything is fine, even
>when we strip off the patches (System.Web.Hosting does).
>
>Now it gets tricky because when the path gets stripped off, the uri
>of / mapped to c:/myapp/ disappears altogether.  Never figured out
>exactly how to handle this cleanly, but I'm happy to take another
>look.
>

>At 08:49 PM 3/21/2005, Chris Waldron wrote:
>

>>I asked this question some time ago but never received an answer. I
would like to run ASP.NET applications on from a single IP address
>>whereby the IP Address is mapped to server virtual directories.  I would
like to
>>be able to designate a separate virtual root directory for each
application and use
>>Apache to run these applications.  The URL designate the application in
a manner
>>whereby the use has only to type the web address (no directory) and that
application
>>would run.
>>
>>For example
>>
>>127.0.0.1 is mapped to
>>  a)  http://MyApp1.com
>>  b) http://MyApp2.com
>>
>>Then MyApp1.com is mapped to C:\MyApp1 virtual directory
>>
>>and MyApp2.com is mapped to C:\MyApp2 virtual directory.
>>
>>Right now I couldn't get mod_aspnet to be mapped to a rooted virtual
directory.
>>I was only able to do this if they are mapped to a subdirectory of the
rooted virtual directory.

>>For example if this was not an aspnet application but generic html
application Apache can handle
>>what I'm requesting for asp.net.  Has anyone been able to get this to
work with the configuration described herein.