httpd-cli-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [cli-users] How to set permissions? IIS uses ASPNET_WP account, what account uses mod_aspnet?
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:07:39 GMT
Luis,

  I believe you should be able to go to the Control Panel,
Admin Tools, Services, and change the Apache2 service's
Properties  to 'Log On' as the .\ASPNET user.  The problem,
of course, is the password.  I don't know what side effects
would occur from your modifying this account.

  You might want to create a specific APACHE user account
instead, granting the appropriate access to resources.

Bill

At 02:37 PM 2/4/2005, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>In IIS I must set the permissions to the ASPNET_WP account. What account uses mod_aspnet?
>I had a problem that I resolved by running the Apache http windows service with an administrator
account. Am I doing the right thing? Because I'm not sure if it is the best thing that Apache/mod_aspnet
has full administrator privileges.