httpd-cli-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [cli-users] Problem
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 23:40:38 GMT
At 05:02 PM 2/2/2005, Luis Fco wrote:

>Hello
>
>I have an asp.net application that runs ok, all the pages except one. In this page the
users can enter a search criteria and the same page in the postback returns the results. Sometimes
the page works ok, for example serach for "john" returns the results ok. But sometimes when
the user click Search, with the same search criteria (I'am sure that the app is ok, because
it runs smoothly on IIS), and the page is posted to the server, the server does not responds,
and a "The page cannot be displayed" error, after waiting very logn time (5minuntes +). After
this, no other aspx page can be accesed, with the same error. HTML file handled by Apache
are are returned. So I must restart Apache (and an error is reaised here), sometimes twice.

>I dont kwon very much about Apache. I'am a developer.
>
>Since I cannot debug it results very difucult for me to identify where and what the error
is.

In your apache root directory is a logs subdirectory, look for
any interesting entries in the error.log file (using notepad
or whatnot) and post those entries here.

You can change the ErrorLog line in your conf\httpd.conf file
to 'ErrorLog Debug' to collect even more detailed information.

If you work out the timing right, it would be interesting to
see the last 'successful' result, followed by the failure.

Bill