httpd-cli-users mailing list archives

From "Manuel Reyes" <Manuel.Re...@e-mis.com>
Subject FW: Using Cookieless Session States
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 15:34:13 GMT
Hello all,

I have encountered an interesting feature that I can't find a solution to, so I am interested
to learn whether it is a known issue or something I am missing.

I have a series of pages that for various reasons use Cookieless Session States using the
following settings in the Web.Config :

    <sessionState
            mode="InProc"
            stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
            sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
            cookieless="true"
            timeout="20"
    />

This means that the session key is not retrieved from a cookie on the client, but it is passed
to the web server using the URL.  For example, a request to :

http://server/page1.htm

Becomes:

http://server/(la3i5ria4gakpe45z13hh055)/page1.htm

When I attempt to use this with the asp net module apache fires back a page not found error,
after looking at the logs it seems that Apache is attempting to located the file using the
session key as part of the path.  For example, this came from my Apache error.log

[Fri Dec 03 14:58:38 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/htdocs/aspnettest/(e1dufuizdrvrvl55z4w2yb45)

If I set the Web.Config to use cookieless="false" in the section mentioned above the page
is served correctly.

Regards
Manuel Reyes
Systems Integration Department
Egton Medical Information Systems Ltd
Tel: 0113 3803547
www.emis-online.com
www.patient.co.uk
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not
the original addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message
to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, please
expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by EMIS nor can I conclude contracts on
its behalf unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independently of this
message.

EMIS reserves the right to monitor, intercept and (where appropriate) read all incoming and
outgoing communications. By replying to this message and where necessary you are taken as
being aware of and giving consent to such monitoring, interception and reading.

EMIS is a trading name of Egton Medical Information Systems Limited. Registered in England.
No 2117205. Registered Office: Park House Mews, 77 Back Lane, Off Broadway, Horsforth, Leeds,
LS18 4RF