httpd-bugs mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject [Bug 61193] New: segfault if AuthLDAPCharsetConfig file has no utf8 entry
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:10:44 GMT
https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=61193

            Bug ID: 61193
           Summary: segfault if AuthLDAPCharsetConfig file has no utf8
                    entry
           Product: Apache httpd-2
           Version: 2.4.25
          Hardware: PC
                OS: Linux
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: mod_authnz_ldap
          Assignee: bugs@httpd.apache.org
          Reporter: jh.apache-bugzilla@plonk.de
  Target Milestone: ---

I need to use AuthLDAPCharsetConfig to convert usernames (and passwords) with
German umlauts into UTF-8 for AD authentication. Since my distribution (Fedora
25) didn't provide a charset.conv, I created my own one, only containing "de
ISO-8859-1" (which should suffice for our internal use), but unfortunately,
after enabling this httpd crashes at startup. A quick glance with strace show
that this is probably related:

# strace httpd -X
...
open("/etc/httpd/LDAPCharsetConfig", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 8
fstat(8, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=14, ...}) = 0
read(8, "de ISO-8859-1\n", 4096)        = 14
read(8, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(8)                                = 0
--- SIGSEGV {si_signo=SIGSEGV, si_code=SEGV_ACCERR, si_addr=0x7f44a8018977} ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV (core dumped) +++
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

So I went and downloaded the httpd 2.4.25 tar to try the provided charset.conv
(from docs/conf), which worked just fine, but left me a little doubtful about
the reliability of this config option. After some playing I found out that can
trigger the segfault again just by commenting out the line "UTF-8       utf8   
    UTF-8" (which looked a litte odd to me, as UTF-8 is not a language).
Contrary, I can prevent the segfault with my custom charset config by adding a
line saying "UTF-8 utf".

btw, after some resarch, I found a similar report on the apache-users list,
from 02/2009, so this is probably long standing:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200902.mbox/%3C49957BF2.5040309%40ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de%3E

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: bugs-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: bugs-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message