httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <victor.j.orlikow...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Was there any concrete decision on apreq?
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2015 16:43:36 GMT
On Mar 8, 2015, at 11:46 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> For ages library functions for httpd have ended up in APR, but this isn’t ideal - APR
is a portability layer, and even though code is being accepted that “works with APR”,
in reality we really need a libhttpd library that can provide “web server like stuff”
in a proper true library form. Will certainly make tools in the “support” area of the
httpd tree easier to develop for, as none of the tools have access to httpd proper, and code
must be cut and pasted.

> I don’t like that apreq as a loadable module, but I would love it as a proper shared
library.

> Same with the expressions code.

+1

Best,