httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: 2.12 vs 2.08
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 18:43:39 GMT
Kurt Lidl wrote:
>   Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>>
>>> The long answer is I don't know what we broke yet.
>>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/v2_08_vs_v2_12.diff
>>
>> Well, AFAIK, that diff (a subset) are the only possible things that
>> could have caused it. Lets see if I can figure it out before I fall asleep.
>>
> Experimentation shows that if one installs the 'fastdep' program,
> arranges to have aclocal and autoconf
> in one's path and then run './buildconf', it will generate working
> Makefiles, that will just work on OpenSolaris.
>
> I also noticed that the automake used for 2.08 was 1.9.6 and the
> automake used for
> 2.12 was 1.6.3.  1.6.3 is, um, ancient. When I re-ran the autoconf with
> the 1.9.6 version
> of autoconf, it works with just the regular "make" on OpenSolaris.
>
> Perhaps just regenerating the Makefile.in contents with a newer
> autoconfigure would be enough to fix this
> problem on other machines?

That'd be nice.  That be the developer that created the dist tarball then.

I'll give it a whirl if I get a chance, but I'm moving before the end of May.

Consultant          - P6M7G8 Inc.                http://p6m7g8.net
Senior Sys Admin    - RideCharge, Inc.           http://ridecharge.com
Contractor          - PositiveEnergyUSA          http://positiveenergyusa.com
ASF Member          - Apache Software Foundation http://apache.org