httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq 1.34-RC4
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 02:27:53 GMT
On Jan 7, 2009, at 5:24 AM, Issac Goldstand wrote:

> *ping*
>
> I don't actually see a vote from Steeve - just an advisory that it
> seems
> OK.  I did vote +1, and am ready to roll (after having a baby boy +
> getting the flu twice; it's been a busy month ;)) as soon as I see
> a 3rd
> binding vote.
>
> Since steevehay does seem positive, I'm going to start tagging and
> rolling, but won't upload or announce until I formally close the vote
>
>  Issac

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but it is our policy
to vote on completed artifacts, not "RC" tags or anything else that
would be changed subsequent to the vote.  Our goal is to verify that
the finished tarball actually installs from source, and the only
way to verify that is to have the signed tarball in hand before voting.

In other words, you will have to call the vote again *after* rolling
the actual releasable artifact.  In the future, please do not ask
people to vote on candidates -- it is a waste of time when we don't
care how many version numbers are used between releases.

....Roy