httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: svn commit: r734094 - /httpd/apreq/branches/1.x/RELEASE
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:21:39 GMT
Issac Goldstand wrote:
> I'd like this to get good review, so posting here so even folks who
> aren't on the commit mailing-list can comment.
>
> Please take a look at the 1.x/RELEASE file and comment.
>
> Thanks,
>   Issac

This revision still mentions crosspointing to modperl@, is that still to
be taken out?

Given the problems with md5, should that hashing algorithm still be
used?  I imagine that it's problems, coupled with the fact that the file
has to actually untar too would probably mitigate md5's problems
significantly, but i still thought i'd mention it.

Just being a bystander on this list, i don't know how you tell the
difference between who's a committer and who's on the PMC.  I imagine
this isn't a problem for people that have been one or the other for a
while, but it wouldn't hurt to point to a list of PMC members or something.

Section 8 also confuses me a bit because it says that

   if there is a "majority consensus" (three +1 and more +1s
   than -1s) among the httpd PMC members, the RM may proceed with the
   release.

But then goes on to say that

   If any -1s are received, the release is rejected.

So which is it?  (i presume the last one)

Adam