httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Unify release SVN tag, SVN branch and dating policy for 1.x and trunk
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:41:35 GMT
Issac Goldstand wrote:

> That sounds right and more in line with the normal httpd release
> procedure - that would mean doing (4) before (1) and leaving the rest
> as-is.

Pretty much, yup.  The confusion reigns when we aren't sure if a user is
complaining about 1.34-dev, 1.34-RC1, 1.34-RC2 or 1.34-Gold.  So this gives
us a very simple binary question (did you grab from SVN or take a release
al la CPAN) to decide if the user is running what we expected.

And as folks have hinted, version no's are cheap :)