httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r733288 - in /httpd/apreq/trunk: CHANGES module/apache2/apreq_module_apache2.h module/apache2/filter.c module/t/c-modules/apreq_access_test/mod_apreq_access_test.c
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:07:38 GMT
----- Original Message ----

> From: Issac Goldstand <margol@beamartyr.net>
> To: apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org
> Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:01:42 AM
> Subject: Re: svn commit: r733288 - in /httpd/apreq/trunk: CHANGES module/apache2/apreq_module_apache2.h
module/apache2/filter.c module/t/c-modules/apreq_access_test/mod_apreq_access_test.c

> Out of curiosity, what sort of use-cases did you have in mind with
> this?  It certainly looks interesting, but I can't really see when we'd
> use it...
>
>   Issac

The point of the optional interface is to eliminate problems arising from
module loading order.  Without the optional interface, C modules which depend
on mod_apreq2 must be loaded by apache AFTER mod_apreq2 gets loaded.  With
the optional interface, the load order does not matter.  It's just one less
headache for users to not have to worry about the order of their LoadModule
directives in httpd.conf.