httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Koziarski" <mich...@koziarski.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak with apreq_brigade_fwrite() ?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:09:52 GMT
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The "leak" of a bucket brigade into the pool shouldn't be
> noticable.  The problem with all previous releases is that
> apreq_brigade_fwrite would leak badly when dealing with
> spool buckets- the current RC/trunk should fix that problem.

yeah, we definitely noticed the leak in in 2.08.  With 2.10RC we're
still seeing a very very minor increase in the memory usage of our
apache works, but it could well just be white noise that we're
noticing because of that leak reference in the docs.

So am I correct in understanding that that bucket is only 'leaked' in
the sense that it's no longer needed, it's still cleaned up when the
pool cleans up?

--
Cheers

Koz