httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "P.V.Anthony" <pvant...@singnet.com.sg>
Subject Re:[Solved but] need help with 64bit Apache2::Request
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 06:41:23 GMT
adam.prime@utoronto.ca wrote:

> My machines are not using hardened, and both have gcc 4.1.2 (gentoos
> 4.1.2 p1.1)  That line should actually be LoadModule, not Load Module too.

Thanks and noted.

> I have it running on an AMD BE-2350, and an AMD Turion MK-36.  Apache,
> mod_perl and libapreq are all built from source (not from portage).  I
> wouldn't think that it'd be gcc unless perhaps apache and libapreq were
> built with different version of gcc (which doesn't sound likely).

Managed to solve the problem by using a different profile for gcc. Used
the following gcc, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6-vanilla. Without the hardening.

Now the question is, is this a bug for gentoo-hardened? Should it not
work with gcc profile, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6, the hardened gcc?

Please share your comments.

P.V.Anthony